How to Make Mocha Coffee at Home Without Machine? in 6 Step
Do you want to avoid standing in that long line near the Starbucks or any other coffee shop for mocha coffee? How do you feel if we tell you that mocha coffee is very easy to prepare so that you can enjoy it in the comfort of your home? Excited, right!
Wait, there are more to this; you can also make mocha coffee at home without a mocha machine. And, this guide will illustrate to you how to make mocha coffee at home without machine?
Ah, don’t think about the taste of the homemade mocha; stay tuned till the end of this guide to know everything that can help you to make mocha coffee at home as delicious as the one in a coffee shop.
Let’s get started!
Before making mocha coffee at home without a machine, let us know a few things about mocha coffee so that we can get a piece of good information.
What is Mocha Coffee?
Practically speaking, mocha coffee is the one that is originated from the mocha coffee beans that have a flavor of chocolate. These days, mocha coffee refers to the combination of coffee or espresso, steamed milk, and chocolate (ganache/syrup/chunks).
In mocha coffee, you will need to put equal portions of espresso and chocolate beside the steamed milk and a layer of milk foam. Thus, if you know what a latte is, you can think of mocha as a form of latte in which a part of milk is replaced by chocolate.
What are the advantages of drinking mocha coffee?
Do you know the benefits of drinking mocha coffee? If yes, then just add the benefits of having chocolate and milk with that every day. With this, you will have a nice list of benefits that you can experience by drinking mocha coffee.
Mocha coffee enables your attention level to enhance with also reducing stress levels and the chances of cardio diseases.
Now, you may think that you can take coffee and chocolate separately and can enjoy the same benefits. But it’s not so like that because cocoa included in the mocha coffee enables to decrease the bad sides and enhance the good sides of caffeine.
Therefore, for stress relief after a long day at work, mocha coffee can act as a miracle.
Also Read: 15 Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
Pros/Cons of drinking Mocha coffee
|✔️ PROS||❌ CONS|
|1. As already known, coffee is rich in a lot of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and dark roasted coffee are richer in these things. But, concerning the French roast coffee, there are several ways so you can try other ways besides only mocha.||1. There are a lot of calories included in mocha especially if you use whipped cream or chocolate syrups instead of cocoa powder. Thus, go for those ingredients that consist of lower calories.|
|2. Since mocha is a combination of milk, chocolate, and coffee, it is much heavy and you can stay for a long time by just taking a cup. You can also consider that as a breakfast option without the need for any other items.||2. The preparation time of mocha coffee is long especially if you do not have an espresso or mocha machine.|
|3. The caffeine of espresso and also from chocolate will help you to stay sharp for a long time even if you have a habit of waking up early. Having a cup of mocha is beneficial for those who need to work night shifts as well because it can help you to get rid of the drowsiness that you feel.|
The Ingredients that you need to make mocha coffee
- Brewed coffee: For making any coffee-based drinks, ensure to grind it perfectly. For mocha coffee, espresso is the best choice but as per your wish, you can use any type of coffee. If you have a habit of taking coffee in the evening, you can choose the decaffeinated coffee as that will ensure you not losing your night’s sleep.
- Steamed milk: You can prepare mocha with milk that has low fat but more fatty milk can ensure you have a richer texture and taste. The choice of milk depends on you like cow’s milk, goat’s milk, buffalo’s milk, any plant-based milk, or almond milk, etc.
- Chocolate Syrup/Cocoa Powder: This is an important ingredient since this is what makes mocha special. You can buy readymade chocolate syrup but due to the presence of a large number of calories, it can be unhealthy. Hence, the healthiest choice can be a mixture of water and cocoa syrup. As an alternative, you can buy chocolate and melt it in a microwave.
- Sugar: This is an optional ingredient that you can add if you want more sweetness. But yes, sugar can make you fat so raw honey can be a better alternative.
- Toppings: For additional toppings, you can make use of whipped cream and cocoa powder. These toppings will add some more calories. If you want some more toppings, coffee powder, chocolate crumbs can also be used.
In this section, we will provide you a step-by-step guide for how to make mocha coffee at home without machine?
Step1: Prepare a cup of strong coffee
You can use the normal coffee maker machine to make a cup of strong coffee. However, even if you don’t have a coffee maker machine, just use a saucepan to boil water and add some coffee powder to it for making it a bit strong.
Step2: Mix chocolate flavor
As mentioned earlier, you can use chocolate syrup or a mixture of cocoa powder and water. Then boil it for some time to get a thicker texture.
Step 3: Boil milk
As per your preference, choose a type of milk and boil it but don’t overheat it as that can burn the milk resulting in loss of taste.
Step 4: Use a shaker
Shake the milk well for 30 seconds to 1 minute so that you can get frothed milk.
Step 5: Pour the contents into a cup
Select the cup that you like, and then put the chocolate mixture at first and then the coffee that you prepared in step 1.
Step 6: Pour the milk
The last step is the critical step because you need to be careful while pouring the milk. Slowly and steadily, pour the milk first and then put the foam on the top. Add some toppings as per your wish and you are ready to go.
If you want to know What’s the difference between a mocha and a latte? then click here
Interesting Recipes for Mocha Coffee Homemade
1. Instant Coffee Mocha
Are you still feeling worried about not having enough fancy equipment or much time to spend in your kitchen? Then just follow the below three simple steps to get your homemade mocha coffee ready without any mocha machine or other things.
- Mix one tablespoon of instant coffee with four ounces of hot water.
- Then add some cocoa to the mix, sugar, and stir well so that it gets mixed thoroughly.
- Boil the milk in a saucepan or microwave and add it to the cup.
2. Iced Mocha coffee
All of us prefer hot mocha coffee during the monsoon and winter seasons. But during summer, hot beverages make us feel more hot and sweaty. That is the time when we love iced beverages and iced mochas can also be prepared.
The ingredients you will need include a half-cup cold-brewed coffee, cold milk, and a tablespoon of chocolate syrup.
Then take a glass fill it with the chocolate syrup and 2 to 4 ice cubes. Pour the cold coffee over it and then the cold milk. You are ready with your glass of iced mocha coffee.
The Bottom Line
Hope this guide has helped you. Please keep in mind to add the cafe mocha ingredients in proper ratios to get a mind-blowing taste. We have included all the relevant details in this guide that can help you in the preparation of a perfect mocha coffee without a mocha machine.
Apart from that, we also included two homemade simple recipes that can blow your mind. Among those two, the iced mocha coffee recipe is one of our favorites.