The Perfect Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
With the fall season rolling in, our coffee cravings start becoming harder to endure. While sitting in your garden surrounded by crispy aesthetic foliages and light calming breeze, not having a warm cup of coffee in your hand is surely a loss.
While we all have our own coffee favorites, the majority fall in love with starbucks pumpkin spice latte and why wouldn’t it be. The pumpkin spice goodness mixed with the milk along with frothy whip cream can easily win your heart.
Apart from all that, what if I tell you right now that you can easily make the same Starbucks pumpkin spice latte from the comfort of your own home. Yes you heard me right! This article is aimed at providing you all the information you need to have about pumpkin spice latte along with a perfect Starbucks recipe for pumpkin spice latte. So without wasting anymore second get going onto the recipe of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.
What is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, often abbreviated as PSL, is one of the most loved customer orders. Since its debut in 2003, it has been considered as a must beverage of fall season. This quintessential Starbucks drink is refinely made by combining espresso and steamed milk which is further enhanced by the Starbuck’s self made flavor consisting of Clove, Nutmeg and Pumpkin. And what makes it even better is the scrumptious topping of pumpkin slices and whipped cream.
A deep look At The Ingredients:
1. Espresso: In order to make any latte similar to Starbucks one. Espresso is a very crucial ingredient. You may use an espresso machine or even Nespresso as an alternative. Also if you didn’t know yet, Starbuck makes their own espresso so you may as well consider that.
2. Pumpkin Spice Sauce: Pumpkin Spice Sauce is a squash type of mixture made up of sugar, condensed milk and pumpkin puree. For this recipe, you may use a homemade or store bought pumpkin sauce.
3. Milk: Starbucks uses Steamed milk in their pumpkin Spice Latte however you may use any milk of your choice.
4. Whipped Cream: Whipped Cream is one of the most favored topping of Starbucks lattes. It’s simply a whipped form of heavy or vanilla cream.
5. Vanilla Syrup: This is mainly an optional ingredient however Starbucks uses it to sweeten their whipped cream. Any store bought vanilla syrup would work just great for Starbucks’ recipe for pumpkin Spice Latte. Want to make Vanilla Syrup at home?
6. Spices And Topping: Here we are talking about spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg which when sprinkled on top of the pumpkin spice latte would make a perfect beverage for any event.
And now when we have gone through everything it’s time to dive in the step by step Starbucks recipe for pumpkin Spice Latte.
Step 1. Start off with preparing whipped cream. Simply grab a milk Frother and whisk heavy cream and vanilla syrup finely together. Once it’s fully whipped, set it aside.
Step 2. And now it’s time to make the coffee mixture. Put in some espresso, pumpkin sauce along with boiled or Steamed milk. Now stir and keep on doing it with a standard pace until the ingredients are well mixed together and the mixture is smooth.
Step 3. Once your coffee is ready then take your whipped cream and top the beverage with it. The quantity isn’t necessary here. That all depends on you.
Step 4. Once the cream and the liquid is settled well together, top it all off by sprinkling the spices.
And voila! Your homemade Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is ready.
Calories: 607 | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 500mg | Sugar: 74g | Vitamin A: 1369IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 394mg | Iron: 3mg
Also Read: 10 Best Automatic Latte Machine For Home Use
Tips for extra guidance
● Vanilla Syrup is an optional ingredient for sweetening the cream. You can skip it by using any standard sugar syrup or just 2 teaspoons of Sugar.
● Try to use homemade vanilla syrup instead of a store bought one. It’s much hygienic and an easy option as well.
● Be cautious about the roasting date of the coffee beans you are using. Try not to use them too early or later since it can cause your coffee to be either stale or high in carbon dioxide.
● Try grinding your beans before brewing and also avoid using pre ground coffee beans
● While making your coffee mixture, you can also use caramel syrup. It’s low on fat and dairy and it’s very convenient to stir.
● Use a handheld milk Frother for your whipped cream and also be cautious about over whipping your cream.
FAQS About Starbucks Recipe For Pumpkin Spice Latte?
1. Does Starbucks use real pumpkin in their latte?
Ans. Yes, according to the news. Starbucks in early 2015 has announced that they will be using original pumpkin puree in their latte. It has also been one of the reputable manufacturers to use original pumpkin.
2. Is Pumpkin Spice Latte hot or cold?
Ans. The Starbucks recipe for pumpkin Spice Latte can be both cold or hot. The only difference is that for the cold one you will have to use ice in it.
3. Can it be drunk on a diet?
Ans. No, the Starbucks recipe for pumpkin Spice Latte shared in this article is slightly higher in calories. However you won’t have to skip your coffee dose since you can try the same recipe with gluten free milk and low sugar.
4. What does pumpkin Spice consist of?
Ans. Pumpkin Spice is simply a spice originated by mixing together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and at times allspice as well.
5. Which coffees could be replaced with espresso?
Ans. Even though espresso is the best option for a good pumpkin Spice Latte. You may also use strong brewed coffee, french press or Keurig.
That was our Starbucks recipe for pumpkin Spice Latte. We hope you found it fun and easy. Try it along with your family or friends. Let’s get caffeinated.